找自己 -- Me, My Tent, and I

Never had I ever thought that I would have gone camping alone in a desert for two nights.











Just by myself? No way. That’s too hard. I am not strong enough.


I’m not fun enough. I need a funny partner who can make me laugh.


I’m not spontaneous enough. I need a partner who is a free spirit to bring me out of my comfort zones.


I’m just not capable enough. So I need whoever or I won’t be able to survive in this world as a single woman.





But I did it.




The desert at night time was so calming. I listened to the wind and the bugs, as if they were trying to catch up. That sunrise was surreal. I had to hold my breath and not blink just not to miss any second.


I listened to the desert, listened to this quiet land, and listened to myself. With all the alone time that I had during these solo trips, I listened to my inner voice. I started to realize that I am fun enough to make myself happy, and that I am adventurous enough to make these adventures happen. I finally began to believe in myself. Little by little, that, maybe just me being me, is enough.


And I believe you being you, is enough.


Do you believe it?




***找自己系列文章***



留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

美國高中學生一天的作息

美國高中 -- 如何懲處學生?

玉米田裡學學玉米英文